State Records has made changes to some of its services.
These changes are a result of a review of access to and use of our facilities and services.
Changes have been carefully considered to ensure that we are providing the best service we can to you, within our available resources.
New opening hours for the Gepps Cross research centre:
- Tuesday - Thursday, 9:30am - 4:30pm
The final Sunday opening will be 14 October 2018, 10am-4pm
Sunday open days will be held in May (History Month) and August (National Family History Month). The centre will be closed all other Sundays.
Getting to the research centre
Our free bus service between the city and our Gepps Cross research centre has ceased. Researchers can continue to reach us at 115 Cavan Rd, Gepps Cross by:
- Taxi or private vehicle (free parking available onsite)
- Adelaide Metro Bus (see route information)
Paying for services
For the safety of our staff, and efficiency of processing, we no longer accept cash payments, cheque or money orders.
Payments may be made by card. There are no additional fees for using a card.
Staff can no longer offer research assistance to enquiries made over the phone or via email.
We will still assist with:
- Confirmation of the accuracy of archival references for citation purposes
- Referrals to responsible agencies for access to restricted records
- Remote ordering of records for viewing in the research centre
- Supplying copies of records on receipt of specific references
- Advice on the copyright status of records in the collection
- Sourcing records relevant to Aboriginal family history, particularly regarding family separated because of past government policies.
Researchers can continue to access the catalogue, ArchivesSearch, as well as a range of finding aids on State Records’ website and a growing number of records online. Researchers may also visit the research centre, where staff will be on hand to provide assistance.
People unable to visit the research centre may engage a third party to undertake research on their behalf, on a fee basis.
Should you have any queries about these changes, please contact us at email@example.com.