Physical transfer of the records to our custody can occur once:
- transfer documentation is approved
- you have been contacted with a date for transfer.
Transfer documentation which must be approved includes:
- consignment list spreadsheets for each consignment (including consignment lists and cover sheets)
- series registrations (if required)
- public access determinations (if required)
- agency registrations (if required).
You will be advised which of State Records' repositories to transport the records to, either Gepps Cross or Collinswood.
Checklist for physical transfer of records:
- all boxes proposed for transfer are ready for delivery
- the contents of all boxes match the consignment list
- boxes are labelled with series, consignment and unit numbers in permanent marker
- your approved storage provider or transport provider is able to deliver on the agreed date
- the records are not mouldy or damaged.
If changes to a consignment are necessary, you must advise the Archive Team as soon as possible before the transfer occurs.
Consignments that do not meet transfer requirements may be returned to your agency at your expense for correction, or your agency may be invoiced, as per State Records’ regulated fees and charges, for the time taken by an Archivist to re-process the records.